Login to the Office365 web portal (OWA) at http://mail.saddleback.com/ using your email address and password.
You will be prompted to provide more information. Click Next.
Choose "Text code to my authentication phone" and click Next.
- On the Step 1 screen, if it is not already listed, enter your mobile phone number. Click Next.
- You should receive a text message with a 6-digit code. On the Step 2 screen, enter the verification code in the box and click Verify.
- On the Step 3 screen, click Done.
- You should be sent back to the Sign-in page. Enter your password, and click Sign-in.
- A new verification code will be sent to your phone via text message. Enter it in the box, and click Verify.
Go to http://password.saddleback.com/mfa.html and click "Setup or Change Multi-Factor Authentication Settings"
Login with your email address and password. Then provide your current MFA method.
Under "What's your preferred option?", change the drop-down selection to "Text code to my authentication phone".
At the bottom of the page, click Save.
At the prompt, click Verify preferred option.
You will receive a text message from Microsoft. Enter the code you received into the webpage and click Verify. Click Close.
Close your web browser to exit the session.
From now on, when you login to Office 365 online or when your email password changes, you will be asked for your email address and your password as before. Then, after clicking the Login button, you will be asked to provide the code that is sent to you via text message.
Multi-Factor Authentication is a newer type of security feature, because of this phone accounts that were setup prior to it implementation might not contain the neccessary features. To fix this problem, simply remove the account from your phone and re-add it.
If you are on an iPhone here are the instructions:
To remove your account, do this:
Tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Exchange and choose Delete Account.
To recreate it follow the instructions at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201729
Make sure to choose Sign In and not the Configure Manually option.